Seven Spartans players charged in tunnel melee-EnglishHindiBlogs-News

Rate this post

The Washtenaw County Prosecutor’s Office announced Wednesday that seven Michigan State football players are being charged with felony charges following the attack on two Wolverine players in the Michigan Stadium tunnel.

Defensive back Khari Crump is being charged with brutal assault after video was released showing Crump hitting Michigan defensive back Jamon Green with his helmet. Defensive end Jacoby Vindmon was also featured in the video and was charged with one count of assault and battery.

Etavian Brown, Angelo Gross, Justin White, Brandon Wright and Zion Young are all being charged with aggravated assault. The video showed a group of players surrounding Michigan defensive back Ja’Den McBurrows, punching and kicking him when he was on the ground.

Michigan State initially suspended Crump, Gross, Brown, and Young, and once more video evidence surfaced, Vindmon, Wright, White, and Malcolm Jones were suspended as well.

Jones was not charged with a crime on Wednesday.

Michigan President Santa J. “We at the University of Michigan appreciate the thoughtful, deliberate approach of the Washtenaw County Prosecutor’s Office to this unfortunate incident,” Ono said in a statement. “We also want to express our concern for all of the players involved, especially those who were injured. The University of Michigan will continue to cooperate fully with any additional review of this matter.”

Green was placed in concussion protocol, according to his father, George Green, who told ESPN that the family plans to press charges against those who were involved in the brawl.

The charges were filed following an investigation conducted by the University of Michigan’s Department of Public Safety, and prosecutors said in the statement that they would have no further comment at this time.

Green suffered an injury that kept him out for one game, before returning to play in Michigan’s 34–3 victory over Nebraska.

Michigan increased the security presence in and around the tunnel and prevented the Wolverines from entering it until every Nebraska player had left the field at halftime and after the game.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.